Tokyo, Japan

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Bright Blue on a Rainy Day

When my parents came to visit for two weeks this summer, it rained most of the days. Mostly light, but some days heavier than others. On this particular day, we went to Omotesando and Meiji Shrine.

My favorite time to visit shrines is when it rains. Usually, tourists stay inside. A jacket and an umbrella is all I need to enjoy a rainy afternoon at a temple.

Venturing out to the center of the main shrine, my parents snapped some photographs of me with a bright blue umbrella. This shrine is beautiful for its simplicity. Many attempt to overwhelm the visitors with a wealth of detail crammed into a small space. Meiji Shrine is different; structures are grand, but simple in design. The spaces are wide-open.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home