Tokyo, Japan

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Free Baby Car Parking

This picture reminds me of National Geographic magazines. When living in the United States, I was a faithful reader for many years. (Unfortunately, overseas postage rates are quite high, so I no longer subscribe. Not a hint, just a fact.) Often, an interesting photo is featured with an explanation.

This is mine. Where is this and what are those? I went to see a exposition in Tokyo of children's toys at "Tokyo Bigu Saito" (Tokyo Big Sight). You can imagine how many children attended. In this city of eight million, surely ten of thousands visited over the weekend. In the West Hall (See the kanji 西?), one large area was reserved for baby car parking.

From the looks of it, there was no cost to enter, no security guards, and no locks on these cars. Thank you again, Japan, for reminding me how safe it is to live here. If this were New York City, either armed guards from private security firms would demand entrance fees or thieves would fill their trucks!

I didn't plan the blurring effect, even though it looks very National Geographic-ish. It just happened; the lighting in the hall was low enough to cause the shutter on my automatic camera to stay open longer than usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home