Tokyo, Japan

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Seven Fitzroy Road


This is one of my childhood homes in the Primrose Hill section of London. Call it my inspiration for living overseas again, now in Japan. My parents lived in the middle floor with giant windows. I remember summer afternoons when the windows were wide open, yellow light painting their white carpeted floor.

My brother still remembers our telephone number.

We had a nice backyard with a large tree. According to my father there were a many regulations for this tree. Trimming, for example, was tightly controlled by City of London. Apparently, trees this size in private backyards were rare.

Behind the gates you can see the edge of another window. This was the fourth floor and our TV room. Oddly, I don't remember anything about the first floor and very little about the top floor. But, I do remember watching LiveAID and donating a few pounds to the cause.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bjorn Randolph said...

01-586-8030

Do you remember that oddly-tiered bathroom on the top floor? With all the steps?

5:54 PM  
Blogger Bjorn Randolph said...

Also, the postcode was (is?) NW1 8TU

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home